View Single Post
      11-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #19
rossii
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: with wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcut1 View Post
One other quick story for anyone interested. A few years ago, I was able to buy a GT3RS from a dealer up north at MSRP, when the local guy said he couldn't get me one. I drove the car for a month or so, but couldn't use it as a daily driver so decided to get out of it while I could, without losing money. The local dealer saw my ad on eBay, and got angry since he couldn't personally sell me a different car. He actually called Porsche along with the selling dealer and told them i was a wholesaler. The selling dealer then threatened to sue me if I sold the car within 6 months of buying it, telling me Porsche was going to withhold future allocations from them. It took about a month for them to actually acknowledge I wasn't in the car business and "allow" me to sell the car. That deal cost me $5000 since I felt I had to turn down the original high offers. All because of that stupid jealous local dealer.
This is complete BS.....I've heard that since Ferrari dealers cant sell cars over MSRP they sell cars to good clients who then drive the car for several months the dealer will then buy the car back at a slight premium and then sell the car for more than MSRP. The client then gets another car and the process continues.