06-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #22
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Now... for you guys who have done the CDV... you NEED the BMW Performance SSK. 55mm throws instead of 800mm throws! This will really make yourself wonder why BMW did not make the car with it!

As for the notchness... yea... mine is a little notchy still in 1st and 2nd gears. Even though I just changed my trans fluid... I am thinking about switching to Red Line's D4-AFT... bc it is known to make the trans shoft lighter/smoother. Atleast that is what I felt with my old e36 when I switched to it.

Dackel
I also have the SSK already. My shifting was much more notchy after i got it installed actually and thought the CDV delete would make it better. It has slightly. Its a good mod regardless as long as you are a good shifter and dont let off the clutch pedals too fast while driving normally around town.
I think if i didnt have the SSK i wouldnt feel this notchy hesitation going into gear at all. I dunno i guess that the tighter less travel SSK makes the notchiness more pronounced.
But I am being picky. this car drives well ..
Also, I just changed my trans fluid recently like 4k km ago, and i am thinking of doing redline as well. I heard it will make shifting smoother as well.
Dackel... do me a favor and try it out for me first
lol..
JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ berk resonated mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BMS OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC,meth, drilled slotted rotors
Appreciate 0