Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

let me clarify some of what you said, because you said a lot here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer ///man View Post
v1K0den:

You are coming off very immature as of late. I have been following this thread because I am a big fan of Ohlins and the 1M. The R&T equipped 135i I drove was fantastic which is why I was hoping they would do something similar for the 1M, which doesn't seem to be the case.
sorry for coming across this way; wasn't my intention at all. when i called ohlins, i asked them what they had for the 1M. jeff said that they were actually looking for a 1M to use for development, so I said "i'm game". we talked over the phone, and i said that i wanted something more agressive than a R&T kit, but not something as done up as the TTX where I would have to service often and that would be harsh on the street. i can sacrifice some "discomfort" and hope to make this more dedicated at some point, but not right now. Jeff said they had a plan... (note the ...). so even i was a little in the dark on exactly what they were planning (hence stock ride height vs. 20mm difference; we obviously had a disconnect there). i'm sorry if i mentioned a R&T kit (i'll come back to this point in a second), because that's not really what this was supposed to be...it was supposed to be in the middle...the entire time.

Quote:
The title is "Interested in Ohlins for 1M? This is an Ohlin's R&D related thread." If it was MY car that was being used for development I would want as much input from experienced individuals as possible. It is VERY clear that you have extremely limited knowledge regarding suspension, which is fine, you are the end user, you shouldn't need it aside from how to properly dial in the kit once installed.

However, I would highly suggest that you stop berating companies such as PSI and HP Autowerks who deal with E82/E9X suspension day in and day out. They know way more than you and you should be appreciative that they are taking time to contribute. You were EVEN arguing with Beau about what was being developed on your own car. He was right! You aren't getting a R&T kit. As you said earlier you are simply "regurgitating" and if I may say so, not so well. It is admirable that you are loaning your car out to Ohlins to develop a kit, I'm sure the data collected will be valuable.
Beau and PSI are GREAT. i don't think i mentioned ever having disrespect towards him OR PSI at all. i even mentioned in my last thread that Ohlins directly praises PSI. They have a great working relationship with those guys as well (from what I understand). In fact, you're correct...Beau DID know what he was talking about. this was a little before i even knew completely what ohlins had in mind (which happens sometimes in the development process). As a vendor, ohlins was very clear with PSI. HPA...they never heard of, and never had a conversation with (that Jeff remembers anyway). HPA goes through PSI (I believe), and HPA (at least in THIS thread), has definitely spread false information. Like "TTX is ready to go. There is also a "Raceline" kit based on Ohlins ready(Please PM to inquire)." (in post #20). OK, well...ah...that's not what THIS thread is about. then HPA basically took over the thread talking about dates on a R&T kit. "April is the month if everything goes smoothly" (in post #34 and #40). This is where the confusion set in. I even went back to Ohlins and was like "what are you telling HPA"? Here, nobody even called them about it other than PSI (maybe Beau?) and Pete. Others called to inquire, but not HPA. Do you see how this could be annoying? That's where I'm coming from. Selling things that are NOT related to the thread, and confusing other forum members with information that you haven't verified. I would accept help from anyone! I'm not an expert, but I'm definitely not a novice either. I don't care how old you are...you still have something to learn...that goes for HPA too. In this case, they were just using wrong judgement.

Quote:
BTW, it's now summer and the kit is still not out yet...exactly as HP and PSI said.
That's because I had knee reconstruction. You don't know what you're talking about. I had a destroyed left knee, and couldn't walk for 3-1/2 months while I was going through recovery. That's what held up the process.

Quote:
FYI, I have never had good experience with Ground Control products, they always seem to be half ass engineered. I have owned their E36 kit and dealt with some of there other products; I have always been left with a bad taste in my mouth.
That's what Ohlins wanted to use for my setup. It was completely their recommendation. You'd be free to use whatever you whatever camber and ride height adjusters you'd like. I never said anything other than they seem to be good quality, and I've never heard anything bad about them. I don't understand what everyone's fixation on the camber plates and ride height adjusters is. Please let that part go! sheeze. Preferences are like assholes; everyone's got one.

Last edited by v1k0d3n; 06-27-2012 at 10:25 PM..
Appreciate 0