Thread: 128i Inquiry
View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #39
kayjay128
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i and 2004 X3

its funny.. i work at an Audi dealer and have for over 5 years.. i have driven R8's on the track, driven S6's, A8's, S4's, A4's, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Rs6's.. ttRS, you name the euro and i've probably driven it at a speed worth having an opinion about.

The 128i is an incredible little machine. the power to weight ratio for the cost is impeccable. While not having many aftermarket parts available.. they aren't necessarily needed. BMW designs their cars with the utmost care and attention and they truly are a car enthusiasts car. BMW's feel the road and unfortunately most new vehicle have things like electromechanical steering which just isn't the same as the feel of the road.

I personally love my 128i and my X3. I bought my 128i outright and could have bought a new 335is or an M3 or what have you, but i feel like the 128i is one of those cars you don't expect. Having a turbo or two is nice, but for what the 128i is designed for, the power is there, the handling is most definitely there (i race Auto-x) and the ONLY thing i'd ever think of trading it for is a 1m. My husband worked at BMW when they came out and it was the biggest mistake i made not buying one.
2008 BMW 128i, Magnaflow Exhaust, AFE intake scoops, BMW performance Aero package, Kerscher M-tech carbon lip, Scopione rear diffuser, Seibon Carbon trunk, BMW performance spoiler, Injen intake, H&R sports, matte black - SOLD
Appreciate 0