NFIDDY5
I bleed Scarlet and Gray!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
I'll weigh in on this one.

I happen to agree but only under certain circumstances. I think SOME guys debadge with the intent of keeping from you what is really under the hood. Case in point, seen a lot of 328's get modded up, body kits, dual/quad exhaust conversions, all the works but then debadge because they feel and inadequacy in owning the lowest trim level because it means they didn't spend as much $ on the car as others or its not as fast or whatever. Sure, WE know the difference but 90% of the people on the street dont. I didn't debadge my 328, but i did do shadow emblems though, which i also did on my 135 and would do on an M3 or M5 if I got one, I just like the way it looks. Nothing wrong with taking them off altogether if its because you don't like how it looks but its another thing if you're the kind of person whos doing because you're insecure of what you're driving compared to others.
See, now I can accept that. I just don't like being lumped in with all of those people that you speak of cause I do it to make the car look cleaner as opposed to hiding the fact that I bought a base model when I wanted the top of the line. Not saying you said it, cause I know you didn't.

JIC CROSS || BMS || Agency Power || Falken Tires
Appreciate 0