Thread: Engine crickets
View Single Post
      08-28-2008, 02:06 AM   #1
arisonford
Rep
Drives:

Engine crickets

so about two weeks ago i began to hear a strange whistling noise coming from my car. i describe it to people as a fluttering cricket's chirp. it occurs most often when i let off the throttle at about 2500 rpm, either in gear or neutrel. sometimes its impossible to hear, and occasionaly it can be heard over the engine while im on throttle. i didn't notice any real performance drop off, but it had to be fixed regardless.

I confirmed that there is a noise with the SA and he confirmed with a tech. i left the car (a toyota higlander as the loaner?!?!) and the next day they called and told me it was a crack in the vacuum canister and the part had to be ordered. the next day i picked it up, new canister and all, and its still there.

My issues: 1.Does ANYONE else have the cricket??? 2.if this is just a noise the engine makes, then why did the find a crack in the canister and replace it. 3. if it is specific to my car, why would the change a part that seems to be unrelated to the problem, either way, i dont like it....
Appreciate 0