View Single Post
      07-23-2015, 10:23 AM   #16
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Don't let driving with MDM lull you into a false sense of security. I'm sure it has saved me a billion times over but it's not foolproof and in the wet you can definitely get the rear to come all the way around faster than you can say "I love my stripper" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Congrats, truly happy for you. I am the one guy that is not a fan of loaded 1Ms and Ayao is right there are very few of us wackos. So while you were asking about playing videos on your NAV screen, hopefully not while driving! I'll share one important suggestion about the 1M.

1. Don't turn traction control all the way off until you have gotten used to it. There is a little bit of lag and it can deceive you into more throttle and wheel spin can be gnarly. The car will go sideways in a hurry.

MDM mode is pretty good so I wouldn't go naked unless you are in a big parking lot. Also, take it easy in the rain. Again, the car will go sideways pretty easily.

Finally, keep your side windows clean in case you ignore my suggestion so you can see where you are going!

Congrats again, the 1M is a really special car.
Appreciate 1