01-08-2013, 03:06 AM   #41
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
no doubt both cars are great cars.

the M135i shows a positive direction of the BMW desires to create: basically pulling the common cars toward a sportier trait without having that exclusivity of the Ms...
A compromise of both world...

The 1M is at this point a living legend ! It will be beaten by better cars and more efficient... but definitely it deserve to hold a special place along side the E30 M3 !

I just can't wait to see which would be the forth car to go up into that Wall of fame and replace the 1M!

(The third legendary car i would consider to be along the E30 M3 would be the E39 M5 !)
Make that E34 M5 and E46 M3 CSL too

@ ozinaldo, remember we talked about the 37kg uplift @ 200kmh? The E9x M3 felt more stable at speeds > 200kmh I read a lot, though I come from a E90 M3 myself which has a longer wheelbase which benefits a lot and/but find the 1M pretty stable @ + 240kmh.

My guess is Horst @ NS was a tad scared with the swb 1M in longer faster turns and when feeling the rear kicking out, he'd back off a bit. I just don't see the E9x M3 winning 10 seconds on the Dottinger Höhe straight alone. The OEM 1M is just more than a handful on the fast NS compared to the longer wheelbased E9x M3. My mate André did BTG 7:45 with a stock 1M plus passenger in TF traffic. Which means est. 8:07 if I understand correctly.

Anyway I 'm so bloody amazed by my (still) oem 1M . The best car I ever had. Not by fuel consumption, comfort, (luggage) space etc offcourse

EDIT: Horst gave the Supertested M135i 63 points in total. The RS3 got 60 points. The Cayman S 64 points and last but not least, au contraire: the 1M got 68 points.

Cheers
Robin

Last edited by Robin_NL; 01-08-2013 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: added info
Appreciate 0