View Single Post
      10-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEngineer View Post
You can't make assumptions on power levels from state to state due to TOTALLY different density alititude and ambient temps, etc.. A car in say, The eastern seaboard area (known for below sealevel DA and tracks & dynos at near sealevel in elevation), might run 350hp\400tq at the wheels with outsidde temps of 55*f while the same car, same mods will run 320hp\365tq at the wheels...It's just a fact of location density altitude, actual elevation and amdient temp to name a few ...
That is true, and thank you for pointing that out. I hadn't even thought about where OP was located

However, I wasn't thinking like that when I posted. I was mostly thinking that the autotune map would be the best at "correcting" itself for his particular mods, versus map 2 which was pretty much built for at least DPs, if not FBO without meth. Map 2 is assuming that the turbos have more room to breathe than they actually do in a car without downpipes, which I feel like would have detrimental effects to the output. I could be wrong, though

Appreciate 0