Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
Something to consider which most people don't think about it. How often do you plan on changing pads?

design of the brembos and stoptechs to swap pads w/o removing the calipers is a huge selling point for me, and several race teams.

The bigger the company the more assured you are you'll be able to get parts for the car.
Excellent point, I noticed that Powerbrake's solution has this pad swapping design too. They even have a caliper with individual pads per piston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Where can you get power brake/ what sorta price? 350mm vs 355mm though, so slightly smaller!

Thoae willwoods are a great price! I can't see them for sale any more at uuc tho :/

Powerbrake's cost under 3k is a price I found on some other South African Ford vendor's page and converted from South African currency to Dollars

Regarding size, I'm actually interested in their 330mm kit so that I can run my winter 17" wheels or track 17's (if I ever can track the car). The BMW race teams they mention seem to run this 330 kit as well. The only reason I see for my 128i to do 350mm is bling, and rightfully so if you are spending 2k+.
I do not recall seeing any rear application on their page

I found Wilwood for e90 on ebay in black caliper. Visually their calipers look dated, but that's just visually.

In any case I think Powerbrake and WPro should be contacted as they look to be decent alternatives that are not kSport/rotora and XYZ.

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 1