View Single Post
      02-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #14
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
Are you a German national? I have to imagine a modern Otto Engine enthusiast is a pretty cool sub culture in Germany lol

In all the time I've spent in Germany, I don't ever recall seeing an rx8. But, maybe it's because I wasn't looking.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge. It occurs to me that almost all the people who insist that oil should never be added to gas in a "modern" car, have no experience doing so. I'm not suggesting that you need to perform a process to understand the process.
Not totally true in my case, but I am definitely no expert. I've had two strokes and four strokes...visions of the oil that collects on two stroke exhaust come to mind. Wouldn't want to see that on my oner.

Just dismanteled a 4 stroke engine with a bad cylinder and a ring in 6 pieces, found out the plating (Nikasil) is prone to wear...maybe I should mix a little oil in with that gas, I wouldn't have a problem with that. Those motors are run pretty hard (on E15 I might add) at 11.7 compression if I recall...run pretty damn strong. Or maybe a higher mix of ethanol to reduce EGTs....hmmmm, maybe I should try E30 with them.
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 0