Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Arrow re: "sideways Stefan"

Name:  ruf+ctr+yellow+factory10814791711213728009.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  33.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellthebeans View Post
...How the technology has changed (tires especially). I bet a 1M can turn a lap time as fast as the Ruf could back in the day. This driver is really hamming it up for the camera kicking out the tail at every opportunity with a simple flick of the wheel and a healthy application of throttle.

The driver of that Ruf ("yellow bird") was nicknamed: "sideways Stefan". Supposedly bc he could drive that 911 turbo so sideways he had more dead bugs on his doors than the windshield!! Also... he could only do about four laps of the 'Ring driving sideways like that before one of the rear tires would blow out. And I mean BLOW OUT! I remember reading this UK car mag where they talked about just such an event. Two lucky readers won a ride in it. As I remember one of the passengers got sick afterwards too.

See story bellow...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...407501&page=92

Quote:
The info I found on the video:
"The RUF video is awesome. I had it on VHS about 8 years ago. It was a RUF promotional video called "Fascination on the Nurburgring" Stefan Roser aka "Sideways Stefan" is an amazing driver.

I was reading one of my british car mags before I got the video (where I found out about it) and they had a contest and two lucky winners got to ride in that very car with him around the Ring. Needless to say they were scared. IIRC on the second lap taking one of the winners around, he had a blowout on the rear tire at about 130mph, which completely destroyed the rear fender and body work. The passanger said it didn't even phase Stefan, he just calmly brought the car to rest on the side of the track."

And again, if RUF is not premium in GT5, I will be a sad panda!

Name:  ruf_yellowbird_pc_dec_6q9a.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  415.5 KB

Name:  ruf_yellowbird_pc_dec_trpy.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  384.3 KB

Name:  ruf_yellowbird_pc_dec_qsvf.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  503.0 KB

Name:  ruf_yellowbird_pc_dec_6td6.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  428.4 KB