View Single Post
      07-03-2018, 07:31 AM   #110
wrxified
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Don’t know that he responded. Really no way he could guarantee this just based on knowing a front and rear offset. Equally important would be wheel width, tire size, suspension mods etc.

The e9x offsets are aggressive to begin with so a lot of this is going to come down to wheel and tire size in addition to the offset. The hub conversion brings the rear in 10mm. Your e9x wheel spec is is ET39 vs the stock offset of ET52. So you kicked your rear wheel out 13mm (about 1/2”).

If tire and wheel dimensions aside from offset stay the same, you make up 10mm of the 13mm distance you pushed the wheel out by doing the hub. If the wheel width went 1” bigger, half of that is being pushed out to the fenders. So you lose another 12.7mm of clearance (1/2”). Larger tire (either height or width), same theory only tire companies all have different sidewalls that are made to either protect or not protect the lip of the rim.

Bottom line is this. I’m guessing andreygta isn’t going to put a statement out there even with all the other dimensions that would be needed to make an educated guess and say it’s going to work 100%. I did the rear hub because I ended up in a situation where a fairly common VMR setup didn’t work for me on the stock suspension. Tons of other people have done the setup below yet myself and a handful of others experienced bad rubbing and the offsets are much closer to stock than the e9x ones you’re trying to fit. After doing the hub mine is finally 100% rub free.

Front Wheel Specs: 19x8.5 ET 45 with Michelin PSS 225/35/19
Rear Wheel Specs: 19x9.5 ET 50, with Michelin PSS 255/30/19

Last edited by wrxified; 07-03-2018 at 07:43 AM..
Appreciate 1