01-15-2009, 06:24 AM   #47
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esses View Post
Well it is odd that you would make a statement comparing the performance of two cars when all you did was drive your daily commute.

Once you take your 1 out to some more interesting roads where it does matter what gear you are in the difference between the two cars will be clear. Your MPG will also be closer to the single digit range.

As for your question, the answer is yes! Not an S though, a plain jane Cooper hardtop. It was modified for the track - full cage, stripped. Yes, it was a fun little car.

BUT if you want a cheap, lightweight, FWD to toss around get a Miata. Really. Cheap to mod, cheap insurance, great mpg. And you will eat Coopers for breakfast. Have you ever driven a Miata?
That's a rather silly idea. If I'm going to spend $40,000 on a car, why on Earth wouldn't I test-drive it on the roads I'm going to be driving 90% of the time? I'm not looking for an awesome track car, I'm looking for an awesome daily driver. (And you'd be surprised - in Pittsburgh hills and twists are common even on some roads that would be called "urban".)

Regarding the others, I want to have at least a marginally serviceable back seat.

Not sure why you're trying to talk me out of buying the 1... :wink:
Appreciate 0