12-11-2008, 02:59 AM   #18
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiheung View Post
Coincidentally, on Sunday I spoke to one of the drivers for Motor and other ACP publications while doing a defensive driving course at EC. We spoke about all the cars he had test drove recently and had mentioned a high end Lambo, I think it was the LP5... or LP640... something like that. Apparently the airstrip they took the car to is covered in gravel and they completely destroyed the outside in stone chips. He said that Lambo had brushed it off saying not to worry about it, so maybe there's been a stretch of the truth at either end... not sure.

ps. Awesome day and highly recommended - basically a skid pan and your 135i, with really easy going and understanding instructors. There are obviously rules but within the boundaries of the exercise you could go nuts. Really helped me understand the limits of the car.
I'll second that recommendation. James and his colleagues at Driving Solutions put on a bloody good day, and the training is invaluable for learning about the handling of your car. I've made it a personal policy to do a driver training day whenever I buy a new car and will do so once I've finished running in my 135. Highly recommended!