View Single Post
      06-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #14
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

First post here, but, like others, have been lurking for some time.

Thoughts: this is exactly what I want a US-spec 135i to look like. It really upsets me when the European markets get production M-Sport kits and the US generally has to wait until the last year of production to get anything close to an M-Sport kit. I have been eagerly anticipating this car for some time but I really want it to have that M-Sport treatment, otherwise it could be a dealer-breaker.

Also it is interesting how BMW continues to tape the outside rim of the headlights on the 1er Coupe. The headlights shouldnt be a really "secret" aspect of the design of the car purely because everyone assumed that they would be nearly identical to those on the hatch. But this tape is making me think that there will be some sort of modified design (which would be good, FYI).

It should also be interesting to see how the production coupe's trunk lid will be designed. These testers clearly show some sort of CSL-style raised deck lid but still look roughly implemented. Personally, I would love to see them be more aggressive with that deck lid to give a really menacing rear shot.

Final criticism, if this is the 135i M-Sport, which is almost certainly is, those rear tires are going to have to be wider to handle the torque of the big motor. Those look no wider than 235s which works with a 118i but not something with more than 300 ft.lbs. of torque.
Appreciate 0