View Single Post
      08-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #284
tomkiti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 135i Coupe

2011 135i South Carolina Delivery

Just picked up my 2011 AW 135i from South Carolina. I highly recommend this option if you can't make it to Germany! The driving instruction was a blast and the factory tour was fascinating.

Here are a few pics of my modest modifications: performance grilles, Skene Design front license plate bracket, mud flaps, and Hartge trunk lip spoiler. Contrary to what I've read online, I did have to remove the factory spoiler to install the Hartge. It was fairly easy with dental floss, a rag, and WD-40 to remove the residue. I mounted the new spoiler with 3M automotive adhesive tape and it ain't budgin'!

I also opted for active steering. I was torn because there were no cars in my area to test drive, so all I had to go on were the online reviews. Let me tell you, this option is incredible! After driving on the track for 2 hours in a "regular" 135i, I jumped into my new car and it felt totally natural. There was no learning curve whatsoever. It simply makes the car more nimble and sportier. BMW definitely has a marketing problem with this option since it is so difficult to find a car to test drive. If anyone is on the edge, go for it. You will not be disappointed!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0