View Single Post
      07-28-2016, 05:10 PM   #22
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

The OP on this thread kindly responded to a personal message I sent him regarding the difficulty of installing this "Smoker's Package."

What he wrote to me in the PM was the following:

"It was easy. You remove the centerconsole in one piece. Flip it over and you'll see teh screws to remove the trim that surrounds the coin tray. You put the ash tray in its place and put it all back in."

By coincidence, I took my 135i in for an oil change today, and the senior tech with whom I have worked requested that I bring in the smoker's package part so he could look at it. He looked at it and said he could install it for me and that it would cost 1 hour's time unless he has to do a new electrical hook up. He said that the wiring harness should have a connector for the smoker's package but that it might be well hidden and he would try to find it. He also said that his own research on the car showed that by the VIN # the smoker's package should have been installed. The VIN lookup services I have used do not show the presence of this option, #441, on my car.

I am planning to let the dealer do it. They have done me some favors and have always been reasonable in their charges.
Appreciate 0