View Single Post
      01-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #10
NORAGRETS
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP BSM 2012 E82 1

Garage List
Yeah turner motor sport is the same...turnermotorsport.com they are legit and very helpful but their labor costs are more per hour...so I only go there for complicated stuff.

BMW PE was installed at port and to my knowledge, it was not cut or clamped at all. I sold the axle back portion of the PE exhaust and had the Berk unit put on at 5,000 miles ie when the noise started. There is a X bar support under the mid pipes and part of the axle back section, this is where it was hitting on hard bumps and causing the rattle. The axel back OEM piece has a dimple where it wraps around the back left strut, the berk axle back does not have this dimple and thus was VERY close to the strut, clearly rubbing on certain occasions under hard acceleration and or cornering...the tech at BMW Peabody fixed it quickly no problems. I have no idea why BMW Brighton didn't say anything or have the brains to actually make sure the axle back section cleared the struts and wouldn't knock against the subframe...seems kind of a big piece of the puzzle to ignore especially when it is aftermarket bolt on and won't be covered under regular maintenance if it needs repair (hence my lovely $195 bill from BMW Peabody earlier this evening) what a pain.

After market exhausts guys beware of who puts your bolt ons in your car!

RIP - E82 135i - 7/7/2021
Appreciate 0