11-25-2014, 05:38 PM   #16
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00mantwo View Post
Everything I'm doing here should apply to a BMW DCT automatic transmission. Take a look at the Fortin INT-BMW2 manual. There are two wiring setups. One for manual trans and one for automatic transmission. It will be easier for you. There will only be 4 wires to hook up.
With an DCT or Auto gear box you need to step on the brake pedal in order to start the car. So you will need to defeat that safety feature. I agree with the others... this is an accident waiting to happen with a manual trans.

I must admit I really do not know why having a remote starter appeals to people. I like what the Germans do... They have something called: Standheizung

Standheizung is basically a separate(aux) heating system for your car. You can program the "heater" to turn on before you need to drive your car. Most Germans park their cars on the street, so a warm car will melt the snow and ice off the car BEFORE you need to drive away! You can also control this heater with your cell phone app. This aux heater uses very little fuel(important when fuel costs ~$9 per gallon). Standheizung normally costs around 1,200 euros installed for most car models.

Appreciate 1
jaye9441014.00