09-26-2022, 04:23 PM   #8
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRTSB1M View Post
I also looked into the coding aspect of getting the speedometer and odometer to read correctly from smaller diameter wheels/tires and also went with this setup because rolling diameter is almost the exact same as non-M3 E9x 18" spec.

To code the speed/odo correction, it is in the KOMBI module.

I changed these stock parameters:

To what NCSDummy shows for E9x non-M3:

I had originally used the Z4 (E89) settings of wert_07/wert_05 respectively until I noticed that Z4 uses different rear-wheel sensor;however, this part is the same for all E8x/E9x models.

I have tested using the digital, non-corrected, speedometer versus 3 "Your Speed IS" signs in my neighborhood to confirm and seems to be dead-on.
I also did a distance test of the odometer/trip-meter vs google maps distance, which also appears dead-on.
I also did a side-by-side comparison of the NETTODAT.TRC files from stock to after coding to Z4 (E89) spec. I can see that the proper values for Z4 were applied at the correct address; but it also looks like the lastWriteTime of the KOMBI module might be recorded in this module (as a checksum) and thus to write/code it, you may need to start from reading the KOMBI module's current coding and modifying from there. This kinda makes sense as it could be some sort of protection against odometer tampering.

I'd say this confirms my car's manufacturing date as April 20, 2011
Attached Images

Last edited by PRTSB1M; 09-28-2022 at 07:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
ayao643.00