View Single Post
      09-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #14
Diamondblackcars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDave View Post
So after watching the BMW theft problem on watchdog I rang my dealer this morning , who booked me in tomorrow for the fix for this , I asked if this is a sw update and answer was vague as though she did not really know so will check sw version and try to get more answers tomorrow

Has anybody else booked in yet ?
Below is some info I found last night on the Watchdog website.

"What advice can you offer your customers?"

"I am pleased to say that we have now had further information from our technical team which means that we will be able to offer the same mitigating measures mentioned in relation to X5 and X6, to any concerned BMW owners, starting within the next eight weeks. This will mean that the car cannot be taken using the piece of equipment you highlight. Of course this will not render the car unstealable, but it will address this particular form of attack.

Any customer who is concerned about this issue can contact our customer service department on 0800 083 4397 or their dealer, either of which will happy to advise.

This page was updated on 12 September 2012."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006...eft-technology

So today I phoned BMW customer service and they told me they have a fix for my 08/58 135i, they took my details and said they would pass them on to my local BMW dealer.
I phoned two local BMW dealers who both said there is no fix available, they said they could only fix only the X5 and X6.
So I called back BMW customer service only to be told that I should not have been told there was a fix in the first place as there is not one available yet.

Last edited by Diamondblackcars; 09-13-2012 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0