View Single Post
      06-11-2015, 05:41 PM   #12
BigRussia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

So I finally took the car to the dealer yesterday figuring CPO will cover this door lock electrical issue and I think BMW or the dealer are trying to pull one on me....

Even the SA himself was certain it would be covered but today he calls me and leaves a voice mail (I was swamped at work and couldn't answer)... saying not only is the lock not going to be covered under CPO warranty, but that they will charge me a $225 'inspection' fee to just see what is even wrong with it! Are you freaking kidding me?? Inspection fee for something that is clearly not working??

Furious I call him back but couldn't get ahold of him, so I look up the latest CPO brochure to see what is or isn't covered and find this PDF:
http://resource.bmwusa.com/ebooks/7a...o_brochure.pdf

And right there on page 23 it clearly states 'Electrical' issues are covered under CPO warranty. When I dropped off the car I clearly demonstrated to the SA how the lock doesn't work with the remote or central button, but it works manually...so clearly an electrical issue!! The SA left the dealership before I got out of work so I'm going to try and see him tomorrow to fight this BS. I texted him to have the CPO document printed out and be ready to show me where it explicitly says the lock electrical issue wont be covered.

So what do you guys think, do I have a good case here? I really don't understand why they're giving me shit and trying to jip me like I'm a clueless old lady who doesn't know jack. They already bent me over for $300 to change a cornering light bulb and 'program' it not even 2 months ago...freaking ridiculous!