View Single Post
      08-12-2007, 08:41 PM   #76
Tech2
JDM TO DTM
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_ View Post
Uhhh. The N54 has a DV... which serves the same function as the BOV. So your whole explanation of "without a BOV" is moot since the engine has a DV.

Also, just so you know, if there was enough force (pressure and backflow) to cause the turbine to come to a "screeching hault" (halt) you'd have much bigger problems than decreased efficiency. Your induction pipes would burst... not to mention the turbine itself would probably shatter. The backflow just slows the turbine down which is bad as has already been explained.

But like I said the engine already has a system in place to take care of this so "slapping on" a BOV as soon as you get the engine is going to do absolutely nothing for you except make it sound like a ricer.

Personally I'd never do that to such a nice engine, especially right when I got it. To each his own I guess.
How many N54 have you personally modified already? How many hours have you spent on the dyno, and have you examined & Tested the turbos after a day of hard driving at the track? And as i have alreday expalined BOV is not just what im gonna do but a part of the bigger picture. Please lets end this alreday...................

M