View Single Post
      10-10-2011, 09:55 PM   #11
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
A screen on the back headrests will not work. The air is so rough in the back seat because the airstream that goes over the windshield comes down into the back seats.
On my motorcycles with windshields, depending on the screen design, sometimes the wind flow would create ridiculous buffeting.
Altering the top of the windscreen helped a lot as you can disrupt the air flow at the top of the screen resulting in much less buffeting around the head.

Maybe something that could be put along the top of the windshield are could alter the wind flow to either disrupt it at the front, or alter the wind flow to go higher up and flow back after the passenger area.

There was a product for moto wind screens that was a 1" tall flexible rubber trim that would grip the top edge of the screen, that would disrupt the air at the edge, and that resulted in less air flow over the top edge of the screen. But, I don't know how you would install that on a car. Might be an idea worth pursuing for you engineering types.
I'm sure there is a market for it, especially if you can design something that can work among different types and brands of verts.
If I get the vert I know I'd be interested.
Appreciate 0