Thread: Ask a dealer
View Single Post
      06-26-2008, 09:18 AM   #152
Larry_Legend
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thanks for all the info.

It seems no one at Freehold BMW knows about the policy. I am just worried about my wheels really, as people say with the low profile tires comes wheel damage. I have been real careful thus far and although have gone over some potholes (not real big ones), I have to think that these wheels can handle a hole in the road so long as I'm not travelling at a ridiculous speed.

Now, if I were going 90 mph and hit the grand canyon, ok. But travelling 40 mph and going over a small-medium crack in the road, I'd have to think it could handle it.

The guy there said the old insurance carrier would only replace a wheel if it wouldn't hold any air? sounds pretty severe. If they are only going to cover that, I might pass since I haven't done that yet (knock on wood) and if I do that kind of damage, perhaps the repair cost will serve as penance for my foolish driving habits.

I'd also have to think that any star in the windshield that's in my line of vision, and consequently would cause the vehicle to fail inspection, would also need to get replaced.

Nonetheless, are there any limits on the number of wheels/windshields that can be replaced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
As was explained to me:
  • it will cover any tires you have on the car
  • Depends how big the pit/ star is. if something simple to fix they will, otherwise replace
  • bent wheel are replaced (unless used for racing or something other) there is also some gray area on rims for aftermarket rims, those may not get covered
  • Our warranty sets it so you pay upfront, and then get reimbursed
Appreciate 0