View Single Post
      06-02-2008, 10:14 AM   #18
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
Well the reason I ask is my wife's hair gets a little blown around in the front passanger seat and she doesn't want to just put her hair up in a clip. Sigh...don't ask, I don't which is why we are still married 20 years later, lol. With all the windows up I feel very little air except coming from behind which is I think what the windscreen would fix?

Can you put the top up with it installed?
Yes, you can definitly put the top up with the windscreen installed and in the "up" position.
I keep mine installed all the time, top up or down - because I have no need for the back seat.
That said, you can still put a lot of packages between in the back seat below the screen - using the space between the 2 front seats to access this space.
The windscreen is easy to install and remove and will fold into 1/4 it's installed size and fits in a little carry bag which takes up little room in the trunk.
As well, if you aren't using the back seat and don't want the screen in the "up" position, the "up" half can be lowered to the "down" position (it's spring loaded), so you don't have to take it out if you don't want to use the screen and don't want it showing.
The screen is "a must" if you do a lot of 60+MPH highway driving and/or if you want to stay a little warmer in cool conditions..