Thread: Tire Pressure
View Single Post
      08-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

I had something simular happen to me yesterday. I was driving fast on the autobahn at 120 mph (cruising really!) and the yellow low tire pressure warning came on. The warning light continued to flash for teh rest of my drive. I slowed down to 65mph for the rest of my trip into the city here. It was pouring down rain too!!

While I was stopped at a Traffic light I turned off the engine and restarted it - to see if the TPMS light would come back on. It did! I never hit the TPMS re-set button.

When I got to work... I parked the car looked at the tires and they all looked fine. I ran my hand around the circumfrance to see maybe if there was a nail or screw in one of the tires. Nothing I also touched each side wall to see if one was hotter than the others. All were the same temps.

After work I preceeded to check all four tires. They were all slightly low but not really THAT low.

I normally run 38 front/42 rear psi - bc I do alot of high speed driving (over 100 mph).
When I checked my tires (cold) they were at 34 front/37 rear. The light should not come with those pressures. Btw... eight hours later when I check the tire pressures... the warning light did NOT come on. Only in the morning while I was on my way to work in the RAIN! lol

When I looked in the owners manual, it says a yellow flashing light indicates a TPMS malfunction. Go to dealer ASAP. So... today I went to my local dealer. They read my key fob. No coded. Then they check all four tires. No screws or nails. Nothing.

So.... looks like I have a bad TPMS going on me. I shall see how this gets resolved.
Appreciate 0