DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
So....here's the update.

First of all...I do have a loaner. I got the loaner last Thursday when the car wasn't ready when originally promised. It's a 328i. Boring and stripped...but it's a car.

I was in contact with the dealer today. They're clueless. They can't seem to do anything. They claim that they can't get the magic file that they need. They cannot get it working. Some Regional Engineer from BMW is supposed to show up tomorrow (of course he originally was supposed to show up today....but....you get the picture),....and HE is supposed to be able to fix it. Apparetnly, HE has the right file to load. Nobody else has it. And I asked why they couldn't simply send the dealer the file over the internet....and I was told (and I am NOT JOKING here!) that it was because of Digital Rights Management. Um. What?

Anyway. Bottom line of the update is: car still dead.

What I'm concerned about is...is this a software issue or is there a problem with one of the computers that would require parts now??
Jeeze.. sorry man..

here is the scoop.. The engineer's ( RTE- Regional Technical Engineer) have what is called the "magic laptop" They have stuff direct from Germany, and that data for somereason can not be "sent" in the normal fashion. Although a delay, it is good that that is happening because he has the ability to correct any other "conflicts" that may arise.

your concern is well founded, but not in a bad way. There >>>may<<< be a control unit that for some reason is of a level of softwere that just simply wont take the new softwear, and hence creates the issue to begin with. Your car may require the most unrelated piece of hardwear inorder for everything to finally jive .... it could be something as simple as the rain sensor, or the TCU for the sos/ bluetooth function... none the less feel confident that the majic laptop will help..

hate too see a car down for this, it happens every once in a while theses days.. def not as bad as like a year ago...

relax as much as possible.. im guessing 2 days from today, youll be in your car..

p.s. from what you say, the dealer did what they could, even they can only go so far, it does not sound as they are blowing smoke up your arse...although i bet the advisor blew you off for a few days espically at the holiday weekend. its frustrating for you and the delaer.... believe me...when i say that.. fyi the pic below is a picture out of my office window....

curious to here how it comes out... keep us posted..
Attached Images