09-04-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by richstacy View Post
I love my 135i. It is more fun than my '99 M roadster was and it is more fun than my '04 E46 M3 was. I have but one complaint. The suspension hits bottom -- hard -- on even seemingly very small bumps in the road surface, as if there were no shocks or no "travel" in the suspension beyond an inch. Is it the run flats?

How about every one else?

Stacy, this is sort of the nature of the Beast(ie the run flat tires = RFT). They make the 135i ride harshly, jumpy, and skippy over anything but smooth pavement. Changing to regular non-RFT will help - a lot! But some of that jumpyness will remain (a small amount).

I think only a real suspension like BMW's Performance Suspension kit together with replacing the rear subframe bushings will solve the rear end's looseness. Lots of people also have replaced the front control A-arms with M3 bits.

I have replaced my RFT with non RFT Michelin PS3's. And... I LOVE them! So much better than the stock RFT (nee run-craps).

I am also temped to now replace my rear subframe bushings (all four of them with M3 ones) to see how that will make the rear end feel in the twisty bits.

Dackel

PS: Btw - Welcome to 1addicts
Appreciate 0