ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorst View Post
Hi,
So how come you say the CDV and the clutch stop don't work well together?
I have looked into the blacklines but haven't decided where to buy them and how to get them to Peru yet, importing stuff is a hassle here! I'll definitely look into the IND emblem when I go to the States in a couple of weeks.
About the FBO mods, I think aftermarket downpipes are a step too far for me, but I have thought about changing the FMIC, I am still researching which way to go, any thoughts?
I've looked into the Evolve FMIC (which I think is quite expensive) and Helix. But I am not quite sure what to get yet, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I can't say which FMIC is better than other honestly since I don't have one yet but I plan to go with Evolve if and when I go that direction. If for any reason I can't buy the Evolve, both ETS and Forge (in this order of preferance) could be good alternatives for me since they seem to be good quality and they require no cutting/trimming at all which is important for me.

I think with your set up and considering the weather characteristics of Peru you should have a FMIC, even if you are not tracking the car.

I bought my blacklines from http://www.schmiedmann.com/ They sell OEM item and shipping is quick and not too expensive. I also had to pay import taxes, fact of life!

While ago I have asked myself this CDV and clutch stop question in this Forum, that if I could use them together; on paper we can do that but it seems that majority opinion was there may be downsides of this double operation since with the installation of clutch stop you change the travel length of the clutch and you force it not to fully engage. It might give you a good sensation and a faster gear change but I also came to the conclusion that this can't be all good news for clutch life. Since the CDV mod alone satisfies me in terms of how it operates I see no need to go further with the tranny or clutch mods and play it safe. Personally I don't feel like the clutch or gear change need to be shortened. You might like to ask this to guys who tried a clutch stop for long time in their cars and better, ask it to knowledged technicians.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0