View Single Post
      10-21-2017, 04:46 AM   #19
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

I've rarely broken a door trim clip on a BMW group car, which is surprising because every other plastic thing in the car is made of rice crackers. The only time they break is if some gorilla has just smashed the trim back on without first lining up the holes.
My only tip is to pay attention to the black foam seals/rings that may still be attached to the door when you pull the trim off. They are easy to lose track of and if omitted, rattling noises may occur. Best is to inspect your door trim clips after removing it to see which clips are missing the foam seal, then look at where that clip goes into the door.

Use proper plastic trim tools. The kits are cheap. Use the wedge near the A pillar to raise the trim slightly, then the flat chisel-like tool to figure where the clips are with the help of a light.

If you are adjusting the window with this door trim removed method, you will need an assistant inside the car to tighten/loosen the adjustment clamps for you while you hold the glass in position.

How much does the dealer want to charge you?
Appreciate 0