06-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #2
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender_ View Post
I know there are a tone of these but none with this specific setup, I've been though them all, seems most people that go this wide are stock height.

I have KWv3's with a 1.5cm drop all around.

The 275/30 and 295/30 PSS are pretty much the same rolling diameter as the stock rubber. This is on the stock 19" which on TireRacks site show they are with-in the tolerances of the wheel width.

Has anyone done this setup without spacers?
Did you see m3kerry's recent thread? If not, here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=842302

According to that experience, it doesn't look like an easy or straightforward job to fit 275/30 tires (RE-11s in that case) on stock front wheels without using spacers (he recommends 5mm.), or maybe without a camber mod instead of/in addition to spacers. Both PSS and RE-11 seem to be larger than usual tires, to be kept in mind!

There are a few people who did 295/30 on stock rear wheels, some reported minor rubbing mostly on certain bumps, loaded car/compression situations and some said zero issues. None that I remember was with a lowered suspension though. Most were with PSS tires.

So, other than not being super ideal size (but doable) for our stock wheels, those tire sizes are as close to stock diameter and stagger as it gets and there are plenty of M3 guys who has nothing but good things to say about that particular combo, with PSS.

I will definitely try some set up other than the stock (basically for scientific curiosity purposes, not because I had problems with stock size) when my current tires get cooked, this might well be that alternative. Won't happen very soon though.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0