View Single Post
      05-28-2006, 06:43 PM   #52
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunchenAG
I am going to yet buy another BMW this summer with a traditional Munich pick-up. Most likely I will be able to set a 335 for late July. This one will be my 7th new one from Munich. The only thing that worries me is the BMW image being subject to demolition by the US market. Spending a significant time in Munich over the years and dealing with the factory and its personnel I can only relate to a staggering number of americans that they are a laughing stock and subject of yanks jokes. It pertains to the ridiculous modifications, the hayseeds shine-looking for obnoxious chromed wheels, the declining behavior in view of easy car acquisistion by the poor and uneducated. The driving style, with the idiotic F1-assumed posistion, or an ethnically driven left arm hanging out with the moaning music blasting from a gold-chained, once a week shaven trap. What results from all this, is not so much even the perception of the need-to-modify (read screw up) americans, it is in effect the detriment of such product treatment which results in loss of value, both esthetically and financially. Many of you should take an example from the BMW users from Germany, this in no doubt would prove very educational. Then again, its the wild west, isn't it? To some hay, a BMW, thats all the same. Once a peasant is successful getting one, he just 'must" make it different and play a bavarian engineer with a catalogue at hand. What is with the stickers depicting an urinating boy? Why most BMW owners insist on always driving with the fog lights on when there is no trace of it? Why not leave it stock, the way more educated and exoerienced people have designed it and in the same process preserve the value of these great cars? How difficult is it to restrain yourselves from ruining a perfect product? It is much easier and by far less expensive to continue nose picking. People will laught at you less often. There is a simple truth in all this. If you want to improve your vehicle in any way, put the money you are goint to waste twice into a better, more expensive model from a given line.
PUTZ
Appreciate 0