View Single Post
      05-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #34
brett8210
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

"So who would buy the 3 over the $7500 cheaper? I can think of plenty of people who would pay the premium for a larger car to put there family in, and drive to work, and go to the store. Size does not matter to me because im single, and dont need such space."

Man I hear you, but the coupe is different. No family is using a 335i coupe. Coupe by their nature are difficult to get into the back seat. Additionally with the rear seat console, using a car seat is almost impossible. Therefore the people looking for more luxury would have to be looking for a better "ride". Because I would be willing to bet that most of the features on the Three will be available on the 1. For instance the iDrive Nav, Leather, Sport Package, Blue Tooth, Zenon lights, the list goes on.

What feature will not be available to the 1 that is on the 3? I honestly can't think of any. So then the question boils down to who will pay the greater amount of money?

I grant you some people will buy the 3 on status. Further some people just don't care what their car costs. But you have to admit that if the difference is a great as you postulate the 335i coupe will take a dramatic hit. All the automotive press will write that the 135i will be faster, and a better handler than a comparably equiped 335i. The 135i will not only be newer, but all things considered better. Will BMW allow for this?

I personally hope so, lol. But I highly doubt it.
Appreciate 0