Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
I do appreciate everyone's comments. The cobb tune seems to me like a very good tune in that I have never had a single problem and car drives smooth, functions well but... there is an appreciable lag and when it comes on it comes on heavy. Fun but not easily controllable. I do appreciate your comments Mdorphn. MMM PWR / stormchaser 7, I figure the dinan tune is probably smoother. My F80 dinan is as, if not more smooth then my stock tune. That being said I am going to detune it and see how it feels as Black Gold said. I am not going to remove the supporting mods at least not for now. I can appreciate how good a driver one must be to control a tuned 1M. Frankly in stock form the car feels like a beast compared to a M2 or even my tuned M3. Fun but a beast. Different feel. My next project will be an akra exhaust. Looking forward to it. Thanks again.
Just a thought, which OTS maps are you running? I remember not liking that the Stock Throttle maps (when the 'M' button still works) would feel that the boost was too abrupt as you describe. I've since switched to the Linear Throttle maps and prefer those.