View Single Post
      11-24-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
torquedemon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M

Garage List
Accuracy and reliability of on board "vehicle status"?

How accurate and reliable are the readings of the TPM (Tire pressure monitor), Engine Oil levels, front/rear brake pads, brake fluid etc...?? All these readings can be found in the "main menu > vehicle info > vehicle status" option (idk about non-navigation spec'd cars). I know there have been threads discussing manual dipstick vs. Electronic gauge and some people raised concerns about the accuracy of the electronic gauge...

I am at 3,500 miles and the car hasn't asked for any oil yet. The electronic gauge shows the oil at max every time I check. Are people actually seeing the level decrease gradually, or does it show as max and then, one day, request oil? Has anyone had to fill oil even when the gauge doesn't show it? Has anyone experienced low tire pressure while the TPM doesn't show it?? What about the brake pad monitors? I am still in the early stages of the life of my brake pads and I know they are fine but has anyone had to replace pads while the computer doesn't say it? What problems, if any are you all having with the on-board electronic gauges??

Last edited by torquedemon; 11-24-2011 at 09:15 AM..
Appreciate 0