Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavidDasselhoff View Post
Where did you get your DISA?
It took time but I used www.car-part.com always ask for pictures and descriptions.

I didnt bother replacing the manifold gaskets, cuz they looked okay and were from a newer car than mine.

Quote:
Would you recommend it over AFE, particularly the Stage 2 Si.
Hard to say weather intake > manifold. I do not have any intake mods.

With manifold the car does feel more alive with low end torque and top end fun. Intake manifold took me 6h, that is after I cleaned( water & soap) it and let it dry out.

I would say that both mods are compliments that depend on the time and resources you have to do either mod. I was just excited to find the manifold near my home.

afe SI vs Eurobox:
No idea which is best. Shop around, aFe can be had for lower than Eurobox, especially if you live in USA.

As to why not many 1 series have the intake mod: Cuz we are smarter to spend $$$ on unclear gains . Plus I think 1series are just coming out of warranty in mass and priviously everyone went with BMP products.

Quote:
I plan on getting an AA tune as soon as the intake is on
performance exhaust ... over 250hp crank ... I am a realist
I am in no rush to tune, my Manifold alone dyno will be in late October. The car feels complete too, maybe because 6mt cancels out bad effects

Many exhaust options if you go custom, but only add low end torque in my case, and maybe 5-7 hp

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0