View Single Post
      06-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
sjw985
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (BSM)

Newbie Qs - Build & ship time, also manual availability

And before the flames begin - I mean OWNER'S manual. I know the 1M only comes with an MTX. That's one of the reasons I'm buying it.

So for those of you have have recently received your 1Ms - from the date that the build began, how long did it take to actually arrive in the US and be available to take delivery from your dealer?

Mine is expected to start building in the latter part of June. I have a vacation coming up in July, so I'm hoping that it won't come in while I'm gone. How could I possibly enjoy a week in a lake cottage knowing that my 1M is sitting on a dealer lot waiting for me to drive it?

Also - I signed up for a BMWUSA account so I could track my car's progress, and I was excited to see the online owner's manuals. Unfortunately the 1M manual doesn't appear to be online at this time. Does anyone know of a place where I can find the manual online, or will I just have to wait until the car arrives? My current cars that the M will replace ('03 Cobra and 2010 GTI) don't have nearly as many electronic doo-dads and features so I just wanted to read up on everything in advance - especially that i-Drive thing.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0