View Single Post
      12-23-2012, 10:32 PM   #31
Guardian
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3, 135is#190/586 (SOLD)

I had summer tires and all-seasons on my Subarus (STi and Legacy GT) and while I will agree that having a dedicated set of summers and a dedicated set of winters is nice, you have stated that it is just not practical or reasonable for you.

While the scoobies were awd and immensely better in the snow than the 135 will be, I preferred the all-seasons when it came down too it, even though I see snow less than you do/will. Why? Because it was not practical for me to maintain two sets of tires at the time (no garage then) and since it does get rather cold in the Mid-Atlantic region in late fall and winter, summer tires were just not the best or safest choice. I had the Continental DWS's and also Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. The Michelins were all around better tires, and were better tires for the summer and harder driving. The DWS tires were far better in the snow and the ride was better, but just too soft and handling was not on par with the Michelins.

The best all-season tires I ever had, on any car, were a set of Avon tires on my STi. Great handling, outstanding snow traction, but alas, that particular model tire is no longer made, and I'm not too fond of Avon's current US offerings.

Get the tires that will work best for your situation, and since that seems to be all-seasons, then I would suggest the Michelin Pilot Sports A/S Plus in 225/40/18 front and 255/35/18 rear. Just my suggestion though.
Appreciate 0