View Single Post
      04-15-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
lasersocks
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Cool JB4+ VS. BMW Performance power kit

Hi All,

I've been a reader of this forum for awhile and decided to create an account to make this post. I have a 2008 135i modded with the JB4+ and the dual cone intakes. I recently took the JB4 out to take the car into the dealer and I'm now on the fence about putting the JB4 back in.

My question is really about the JB4 vs the BMW Performance power kit dealer upgrade. I'm curious to know which one offers more performance/fun? The JB4 is a great upgrade and I really enjoy the added torque, so I'm wondering how the BMW Performance power kit offered by BMW compares?

I will put the JB4 back in but I'd like to know if the dealer upgrade might be worth my while instead.

For those of you who don't know, this is how bmw canada describes the upgrade:

The tuning package is available in variant 1 and variant 2 configurations. Thanks to engine characteristics adjustments, the variant 1 BMW Performance Power kit increases output from 225 kW to a powerful 240 kW and maximum torque rises to 450 Nm – satisfying your passion for sporty driving. The BMW Performance Power kit not only boosts acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h (-0.2 s in comparison to models without the kit), but also general acceleration values. In fifth gear, the 6-cylinder in-line engine accelerates from 80 to 120 km/h 0.5 s more quickly.

The variant 2 BMW Performance Power kit comprises variant 1 features plus powerful hardware: a high-tech cooling package consisting of water cooler, 850 watt fans and a special air flow system to keep the engine at an optimum temperature even in extremely sporty use.
For BMW 1 Series Coupé (135i) and 1 Series Convertible (135i).
Appreciate 0