ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plautos View Post
Thanks!

In the first and second Track Days, in Londrina and Brasilia, the car was Stock...

In Santa Cruz do Sul and Rio de Janeiro... only tires... Neova 265/35 and 245/35.

Today in Interlagos

The car still "stock"... but with some tunes...

The tires still Neova, 265/35 rear, but 255/30 front... Ferrodo 2500 brake pads, stainless steel brake lines, M3 convertible sway-bars, new rear-end geometry and much colder sparkplugs...

I also tried Cobb re-flash... but it generates too much heat... and drinks too much fuel.
I was not happy in the selection of the spark plugs temperature, they are too cold… the cold start up is different… it oscillates.
And still, I donīt have a good opinion on the Ferrodo brake pads… they feel strange.

The next set of tires will be 285/30 rear and 265/30 front.
I’m waiting for the new intercooler, AST suspension and Akra to arrive.
Cool stuff. Check the Evolve tune also from their thread in the engine/exhaust/transmission section, that might be the type of tune combining smoothness, driveability and higher power and torque. It may fit very well with your arriving exhaust and suspension upgrades. And I have to say that in these last videos from Interlagos your 1M feels very fast at times. Nice to know for us stockers

For the brake pads and other track set up I advise you to talk with some users from this Forum, can be Mdorphin, M3 Adjuster or Dan Parker for example, they have extensive experience and knowledge on these areas.

There are also real good threads in the tire/wheel section concerning tire upgrades for track or for the stock wheels.

And for God's sake how are you managing to travel and track like this in a country of continental sizes? It's like Brazilian Holy Grail of sports driving! You know what why don't you make a mix of the best parts of those videos, add some cultural and landscape highlights of those cities, regions with typical music at the back and pronto you have a video hit!

Last edited by ozinaldo; 02-25-2012 at 09:25 AM..
Appreciate 0