View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #12
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC4321 View Post
Hello 1Addicts
I just picked up a 2011 135i M Sport DCT. This is my daily driver, but I plan on tracking the car.

What do I need to know to keep this car happy and healthy?

I have a Cayman S race car so I don't want to get extreme, but want it to handle very well on and off the track.
I tend to like my street cars stiff, but I need it to be a good reliable, comfy commuter? I know its a compromise.

I have been thinking about a cheaper coil over kit, H&R, Eibach...Thoughts?
Ajustable Swaybars.
Camber plates- 1M Control arms
NT-01, 888, RS3- for track any issues when using R compounds?

Are there any reliability mods that need to be done?

Thanks in advance
How deep is your pocket?

The 135i could use lots of help, but you can start with giving it lots of front camber, better control arms(HD or M3), a larger front bar(E93 M3 or larger), better brake pads for both street/track duty(Stoptech Street Performance, Porterfield R4S or something more aggressive, Ferodo DS2500), stainless lines and high temp brake fluid. If you are going to install a coilover kit, make sure it's a good one, otherwise you will have better performance and less of a dent with your wallet just buying Koni Yellows.

RS3 will be the fastest street tire you can buy. Beyond that will be R-Comps, but your brakes and suspension may need further help with stickier tires.
Appreciate 0