View Single Post
      09-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #41
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ito135i View Post
In my procede 335i AT my best ET's were 12.63 and 12.66 Procede V1.4. My sixty foot times were 1.9's. IN the AT all you do is Push the DTC button Once (yes, this has already proven to be the best method for all 335i's) and brake torque to about 2k rpm. While I'm brake torquing I releast the brake as the RPM's are climbing so that it's completely released at the tach hits 2k.

With the MT's, because there's 250wtq at 2500 rpm's stock, just feather the clutch at about 2500 rpm and modulate the throttle until you can completely floor it. Only very good MT drivers have broke 2.0 60ft times so far.
Yea, I have to say it sounds like all the MT 335i drivers are still trying to launch it like it is a NA engine instead of a turbo engine. I mentioned that same launch technique for an NA 535i 6-cyl MT in an earlier post. There is no way to get the boost pressure up using that technique. I wonder if this is the reason why 335i MT's are launching so much slower than the AT's? I mentioned earlier that the 335i MT guys don't seem to be the best source of information on getting a really solid launch since they are having such a hard time. Your numbers show that.

From what I've read, the Procede MT's don't see any improvement over stock in sixty-foot times despite the increased theoretical higher turbo boost. It makes me wonder if the problem is that the turbo is never able to attain full boost using the traditional NA engine launch technique. The engine is the same between both the AT and the MT, so I suspect the launch technique for the MT's isn't getting the turbos spooled up, which would put the MT's down on power compared to the AT's right from the start.

I think they need a way to get the boost up prior to launch, while still not burning off the rear tire or the clutch. I'm guessing we will see the same issue for the 135i's.
Appreciate 0