06-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #325
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpiopio
Say what? Your CA was able to tell BY CAR which ones were scheduled to leave the VPC and give an ETA? See, now that's service. I'm not getting that with my CA. Maybe because I did ED and he might be getting a smaller slice. Uncool.
Well, I'm having a similar time with my CA but I think it might be because we did ED. Let me see if I can explain the way I believe it works. BMW can only track a car when someone from BMW can register the car. With ED that's at Freimann when you pick it up and the next time is the VPC. Between those two points they have no idea where the car is unless somone like Harms updates them. With normal cars they can track the car since it's shiped from the factory directly to port and probably even have which ship it will be on scheduled before the car even is finished being manufactured. Us ED people won't know a thing till some guy at the VPC scans our car's VIN and registers it as being at the VPC.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0