View Single Post
      05-12-2009, 08:41 AM   #13
bfi2906
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 Coupe

That really sux, Sarah. I feel for you.

As others have said, it's just amazing that some peple 1) are so stupid, 2) manage to get a license in the first place, and 3) just don't give a damn -- I guess that's the "package" that defines some people.

Personally, I couldn't sleep at night if i did that and didn't leave a note, or fess up in some way.

Don't worry about the repairs - I'm sure they'll do a great job. I'm not a panel beater, but I have messed with cars for a while now. I believe there are little shock absorbers behind the bumper to protect agains such bumps - hopefully the impact wasn't enough to exceed their ability to protect.

A suggestion (if I may), If you can now, have a very close look at the seam between the boot floor and the rear of the car, from inside the boot. That will tell you if the bump was enough to exceed the capability of the little shock absorbers, and thus potentially buckle the boot floor. If it has, there'll be a gap somewhere along that seam. Look across the whole width of the car.

If you can't do it now, ask your repairer the specific question. If he's / she's a decent person, they'll have a simple answer for you - and it's a yes / no question. Certainly do it for yourself when you collect the car.

It'll be good as new when you get it back.
Appreciate 0