View Single Post
      05-18-2012, 11:51 PM   #1
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Lightbulb New 2013 1 series order questions!

--I currently am leasing a beautiful optioned out 2011 128i convertible which I ordered May 2010.

Since the new 2013 pricing was confirmed and released it looks Like I can get an E88 again instead of buying out my current 128i vert.
Or being forced into getting the first year of the F23 or whatever it's going to be called. Seems like a Bad idea.

--My car is very nicely put together color/combination-wise. BMW doesn't offer anything currently in 2012-2013 that can come out looking as perfect as the 2011 year for Blue Water Metallic. My opinion ...but Blue Water and All-Grey interior looks perfect together.

My 11' 128i is Blue Water Metallic ,ALL 1 color Grey interior, Moonlight black Metallic top, and Grey Poplar wood trim.

I can't see any positives for me since in May 2013 when I am ordering my next E88. I may opt for a 135i, but the engine is not the problem. I'm not looking for a car to drive hard, It just has to be elegant and fun to drive like my E30. The 128i does that adequately!

I love blue water (my e30 is cirrus blue, basically the 80's version of blue water)
Only issue is this 2-tone interior deal. It doesn't look good with blue water. BMW doesn't even offer Grey leather interior anymore anyways.

SO basically the only interiors that would look good on blue water is Taupe or Oyster (but I can't see myself getting it due to the black / oyster combo.

The Moonlight black metallic top is perfect...it looks close to grey in color. More of like a graphite color.

WHAT should I do? Get taupe, with a moonlight top and ahthricite wood trim....or taupe with a taupe top and anthricite wood trim?

OR just go another route with Lemans Blue, moonlight metallic top, anthricite wood trim and black interior??

This is going to be alot harder!!!!

Atleast I'll have LCI's like my dad (11' VO 1M) and mom (12' titanium 128i vert)
2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 0