View Single Post
      11-19-2009, 02:46 PM   #35
RPIpower
Captain
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan77 View Post
I figured it was about not having enough room. I understand about the cost but I figured that with a $3,000 exhaust a couple high-quality clamps could be absorbed into the unit cost.
I hear ya. Im not sure if you guys have seen my posts on m3post where I posted pics of our manufacturing. Thats the cost of doing things here. All of us Americans want more and more $. hahahaha. I'd love to get a chance to meet all of you sometime though. We have a some dyno days coming up so if you guys are in the area, you should come by. It would be cool to show you guys some of the other stuff we do here. Its always fun to explain to other car nuts how and why stuff works so they can decide for themselves what products is the right choice for them. There are too many ridiculous claims from people that really dont know any better. For me, if I see something, I want to know why and how it works and WHY its better than stock.

On the other hand, going with the slip on joints in the front gives the installer some adjustability when installing the exhaust. With our 911tt system, we saw that some of the diffusers were a little different than some other cars. Our system used all v-bands on that exhaust so some people had fitment issues. We later saw thats why Porsche used that accordian type stock exhaust to help with fitment issues.
Appreciate 0