10-25-2011, 01:28 AM   #45
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin exige View Post
The supercharger spools the turbo at all RPMs it doesn't stop or go into bypass.
The supercharger alone boost output is detrmined by pulley size it doesn't go up or down with rpm, it works as a boost multiplier with the turbo...The larger turbo is also flowing air at every RPM it just doesn't flow enough CFM to create useable boost...Put them together and you get as much airflow as you can use when ever you want it at almost any RPM..
My turbo flows into the supercharger - chargecooler and then intake manifold...
Ronin, any chance that typing and English (both of ours) is getting in the way here? For one, I think you are assuming there is only one way to do both supercharging and turbo charging and come out with the "WRONG".

This has been done for close to 70 years. The Lockheed P-38 Lightning used SuperCharger and Turbo Charger, not sure this late at night but I believe B17 might have also.

I think you might have also meant something different with super charger spooling turbos. I have never heard of superchargers driving turbos, it has always been exhaust BUT my Dyno testing GTP days have long gone by and maybe there is a different way, I just never heard of it.

Anyway, I really am checking out. Here is a nice diagram.

Last edited by nachob; 10-25-2011 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0