View Single Post
      10-25-2011, 01:56 AM   #46
ronin exige
Rep
Drives: ronin exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
So now your're saying the supercharger spools the turbos? I thought it was the exhausts that spools the turbos....OK, my apologies last time I worked in Nissan's GTP Dyno testing turbo motors things were different. Turbos ran on exhaust.

Sorry, I'll humbly check out now.
Yeah there is only one way to do it right for power and efficiency. Your diagram show a poorly designed system that will create more heat and complexity...
The exhaust pressure the turbos work on in a compound setup is created by the supercharger boost... Think of it as the chicken and then the egg and then the chicken and so on... The reason large turbos spool so slow is because there is no heat energy and pressure to spool them at low RPM, now force feed them pressure from the supercharger and the exhaust heat created they spool...
You do know there is high pressure and heat in the exhaust when the exhaust valves open, right ?
And you do know when the intake charge is pressurized there is even greater pressure in the exhaust manifold, right ?

I guess you missed that while working on those Datsuns or were you tuning a GTP engine...
As most guys you got it wrong..
It's so simple.... Airfilter---Turbo---Throttle body---Supercharger----Chargecooler---Intake Manifold---Cylinder Head ---Exhaust Manifold----Turbo Turbine----Exhaust

Please feel free to correct me at any time..

Last edited by ronin exige; 10-25-2011 at 02:15 AM..
Appreciate 0